September 08, 2018
Experience downtown Indianapolis like never before. The 2018 Indy Ultimate, presented by Central Indiana Community Foundation, is an urban adventure race set for Saturday, September 8.
From running the bases at Victory Field, to kicking a field goal at Lucas Oil Stadium, participants will have unique experiences along this year's five-mile route, including new stops at Indy’s most iconic sports venues, arts and culture sites, and city landmarks.
- Kick a field goal, throw a football, kick a soccer goal (new!) at Lucas Oil Stadium
- Shoot a basketball at Bankers Life Fieldhouse court (new!)
- Run the bases at Victory Field
- Tackle an obstacle course, featuring the Indiana National Guard at American Legion Mall
- Paddle boats on the Canal (new!)
- Drag race on a HandleBar in the Lucas Oil Stadium South Parking Lot (new!)
- Run through an obstacle course at the City Market YMCA (new!)
Arts + Culture
- Phoenix Theatre actor experience (new!)
- IU Natatorium run through, awards podium (new!)
- Indianapolis Ballet on the Canal
- St. Elmo “Run Through Fire” and Sun King samples on Georgia Street (new!)
- Monument Circle (start and finish) featuring post race party
- White River State Park
- City Market (new!)
- City Market Catacombs (new!)
Participants can run, jog or walk their way through the course with ample time to spend at each location and stop. This is a friends and family friendly event, and the minimum age to take part is 10 years old.
At the post race party at Monument Circle, participants will receive their finishers medal and one complimentary adult beverage (must be 21 or older).
Participants will also have access to Indianapolis event partner deals along with their Indy Ultimate entry. There will be a buy one get one free promotion by Sun King for their annual CANvitational, hosted after Indy Ultimate on Georgia Street. A limited number of Brickyard 400 flex seat tickets will be offered on a first come, first served basis. Participants can also receive a discounted Penrod Arts Fair ticket and 50 percent off Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra Happy Hour on September 20.