About the Inspiring Sports Grant Program
The Inspiring Sports Grants support organizations that provide underserved youth with the opportunity to participate in sports and fitness activities and teach life skills. Since the inception of the Grant program in 1988, nearly $2.1 million have been allocated to 233 youth organizations to support their sports programming and initiatives. The grants are funded by the net proceeds of the annual Youthlinks Indiana Charity Golf Tournament, as well as direct contributions from many generous organizations like the Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Foundation, the Samerian Foundation, and United Water. Youthlinks Indiana Charity Golf Tournament has been presented annually since 1988 by Indiana Sports Corp. If you are interested in information on future grants, or want to obtain more information regarding the Inspiring Sports Grant Program, please contact Molly Powell at MPowell@IndianaSportsCorp.org or (317) 237-5102.
The 2018 application for the Inspiring Sports Grant program is open and closes on January 19, 2018.
2017 Grant Recipients
More than $75,000 was awarded to 16 youth-serving organizations impacting 8,346 children across the state of Indiana.
The 16 organization selected:
- Agape Therapeutic Riding Resources, Inc.
- Camptown - Camptown CRUX
- CHAMP Camp, Inc.
- Concord Neighborhood Center - Youth Yoga Program
- Damar Services, Inc. - Damar Services Recreation Program
- Early Learning Indiana - Summer Health and and Water Safety Program
- Eastwood Middle School - Fitness For Life
- Eskenazi Health Foundation - Girls on the Run of Marion County
- Girl Scounts of Central Indiana
- Happy Hollow Children's Camp - Equestrian Program
- Horizons at St. Richard’s Episcopal School
- Indianapolis Parks Foundation - Everyone Swims Program
- Jameson Camp - Outdoor adventure backpacking
- Nine 13 Sports - Kids Riding Bikes
- Salvation Army
- YMCA of Southwestern Indiana
View more details on the 2017 selected grant recipients.