- Proof of tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status must be provided.
- Agencies/organizations and the constituents served, must be located within the State Of Indiana.
- The application must be completed correctly and all requested materials must be submitted by the deadline to be considered for funding.
- Incomplete applications or an absence of required attachments will disqualify your funding request.
- Do not expand response fields and do not exceed the allowable character limits. Faxed or emailed applications will not be accepted.
INSPIRING SPORTS GRANT programs should:
- Serve children and youth 3-18 years of age.
- Provide sports, sports-related or fitness and conditioning opportunities.
- Thoughtfully and intentionally engage children and youth.
- Prepare a child or youth to be better able to compete athletically or enjoy a greater level of fitness.
- Use sports and conditioning activities to teach life skills.
- Reach populations that are underserved or have fewer opportunities because of location, gender, age, income .
- Demonstrate long-range goals and sustainability plans for the program.
INSPIRING SPORTS GRANT funds are not intended for:
- Capital improvement
- General operating support
- Competitive inter-school teams or leagues
- Competitive Club sport teams or leagues
- Equipment requests not essential to the described program (e.g., digital camera, video camera, etc.)
- One time event
- Individual therapeutic activity to improve mobility (i.e. physical therapy, occupational therapy)
- Important Information:
- Materials that aren’t submitted will not be reviewed.
- Budget form must reflect only the budget for the program being submitted.
- Grant size will vary with a maximum of $7,500.
- Grants must be used in a one-year period from the time the first installment is received. Failure to complete a program within the timeframe could result in forfeited funds.
- Funding for the first year of a program may be up to 75% of the program’s total budget with a maximum of $7,500. The second year may be up to 50% of the program’s total budget and the third and final year may be up to 25% of the program’s total budget.
- Program must demonstrate a plan for sustainability past the maximum three years of funding.
- Organizations may apply for one program only per year. Multiple requests will not be considered.
- The Program Director will be required to attend a grantee meeting for information on program assessments, sustainability, future funding resources, and grant administration.
- Recipients must provide Indiana Sport Corp a report at the program mid-point, and an after-action report, no more than 30 days after the completion of the program.
- Recipients must participate in an on-site evaluation/observation attended by the Program Director and conducted by a representative from Indiana Sports Corp.
- Grantees shall acknowledge the Inspiring Sports Grant Program, Inspiring Sports Charity Golf Tournament, Indiana Sports Corp on program publicity.
- Unless legally prohibited, grantees must be willing to provide Indiana Sports Corp photographs of the program to be used in marketing materials and publications.
Once you have registered an account on The Exchange then to apply click program search at the top, then the drop down should be grant application, then click 2018 Inspiring Sports Grant application, click new program registration and fill out what you can. You can save your work and come back to it. Once you save it then you will see the notes and attachments section to upload your documents (including the checklist signed and the budget in the form we provided to you). When you are ready to submit click submit and once you do that you cannot change your application. If you have successfully turned in your application it will say Approved next to it when you log in. From here the committee will meet in November and you will be notified in December if you will be receiving a grant or not. If you have questions feel free to open a case (to right) or tag me on chatter! Thanks