2024 NBA All-Star Legacy Project
In 2020 we awarded 21 youth-serving organizations with legacy grants of up to $50,000 each across Indiana in anticipation of hosting NBA All-Star 2021. Later that year, it was announced the 2021 NBA All-Star Game would be moved to 2024 in Indianapolis. In connection with the move of the game, the 2024 NBA All-Star Host Committee and our partners are providing grants up to $50,000 to three additional youth-serving organizations across the state. These investments will leave a legacy long after the game is played.
Grant Application Information
Applications accepted August 8, 2022 through September 30, 2022. Grants will be awarded by the end of December 2022 with an intended goal for completion of projects by December 2023.
- Grant recipients must be a nonprofit youth-serving organization located in Indiana (while schools and public entities are ineligible, affiliated 501c(3) nonprofits ARE eligible i.e. school foundation or parks foundation)
- Grants recipients must be located in Indiana
- Grants must be used for "brick-and-mortar" projects in the following areas:
- Health and Wellness (e.g., indoor/outdoor basketball courts, etc.)
- Education (e.g., STEM labs, reading centers, etc.)
- A small percentage can be used for programming associated with the capital project
- We want to ensure the organization has a focus on diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) programming and serves a diverse audience
- Organizations are encouraged to obtain a match for all or a portion of the grant for greater impact.
- Projects will support the brands of "We Grow Basketball Here" and "We Grow Community Here"
- The projects must demonstrate sustainability beyond the 2024 NBA All-Star Game
- Goal for completion of the project is December 2023
Follow these simple steps to start the application:
- Click "Program Search" at the top
- Click "Go" next to the drop down that says "all active programs"
- Click "2024 NBA All-Star Legacy" (should have a description next to it)
- Click "New Program Registration" button
- Change the drop down to match the application name (NBA All-Star Legacy Grant)
Complete all sections of the online application. You can save the application at any time by clicking the "Save" button
Make sure to download and complete the budget form here. Once you have filled out the budget form and are ready to upload it, click "Program Search" at the top, then click "2024 NBA All-Star Legacy Project", then scroll down to the "Program Registration", click on your application, scroll down to the section labeled Files, and click "Upload".
Remember to click "Submit" when you are ready to turn in the application. Your application will say "Approved" when you have successfully submitted your application.
Make sure to submit the application before the September 30, 2022 deadline.
Remember to save often! Prior to submitting your application, you can come back to the grant anytime to keep working on your application.
The following attachments must be included (upload to "Files" section as mentioned above):
- Tax ID Form
- 2020 or 2021 Financial Documents of the organization
- Cover letter signed by President or Executive Director
*to attach documents, first save your application then click program search at the top, then scroll down and you will see your application click on PR- and then scroll down (don't click edit) and under Files you can attach documents here. Remember to click save and when ready click submit.
Questions on the Legacy Initiative: Dianna Boyce at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-917-3582.
Questions on The Exchange or application process please contact Molly Wright email@example.com or 317-237-510