INDIANAPOLIS – Seventeen youth-serving organizations throughout Indiana have been selected as Inspiring Sports Grant recipients, awarded annually by Indiana Sports Corp. These organizations provide programming opportunities for nearly 16,000 youth throughout Indiana and received more than $82,000 in grants.
Inspiring Sports Grants support organizations that provide underserved youth with the opportunity to participate in sports, fitness activities, and life-skills programming. The grants are funded by the net proceeds of Indiana Sports Corp’s Inspiring Sports Charity Golf Tournament, contributions by Elevance Health Foundation, AT&T, Group 1001, Samerian Foundation, NBA 2K League, and companies participating in the Indiana Sports Corp Corporate Challenge.
“An important part of Indiana Sports Corp’s mission is to impact the lives of our youth throughout the state,” said Indiana Sports Corp President, Patrick Talty. “Our Inspiring Sports Grants provide more than 17 youth-serving organizations in Indiana the ability to expand their programs and better serve the youth they impact.”
A total of 265 youth-serving organizations have received more than $2.5 million in Inspiring Sports Grants since the program's inception. In 2022 alone, Indiana Sports Corp impacted more than 33,000 Indiana youth through its Inspiring Sports initiatives.
The 35th Annual Inspiring Sports Charity Golf Tournament is scheduled for Monday, June 26, at the Sagamore Golf Club of Noblesville. Teams will compete in a scramble-style tournament with both morning and afternoon shotgun tee times. Proceeds from the event go to the Inspiring Sports Grant program to help the youth of Indiana get involved in sports and fitness activities.
For more information about registering for this year’s Inspiring Sports Charity Golf Tournament, contact Craig Lippincott at (317) 237-5034 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Information is also available on the Indiana Sports Corp website at IndianaSportsCorp.org.
Inspiring Sports Grant Recipients and Sponsored Programs:
- Agape Therapeutic Riding Resources, Inc. - Stirrup Strength & Hope
- Boys & Girls Club of Wayne County - Club Fit Program
- Brookside Community Development Corporation - Community Play Program
- Concord Center Association, Inc. - Pickleball (Sponsored by Group 1001)
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes - IPS High School Team Sports 360 Leadership Training
- Freewheelin’ Community Bikes - Green Apron/Earn-A-Bike Program
- Horizon's at St. Richard's Episcopal School - Summer Swim Program
- Indianapolis Urban Youth Baseball & Softball – Summer SOFTBALL Program
- National Junior Tennis & Learning of Indianapolis – IPS Tennis League
- NXG Youth Motorsports
- Opportunity Enterprises - Accessible Sports Camp (Sponsored by NBA 2K League)
- Portage Township YMCA – Ninja Zone
- Southeastern Indiana YMCA - Youth Gymnastics and Ninjastics Programs (Sponsored by AT&T)
- Stout Field Elementary School - MSD Wayne Township Traveling Gaga Pit Program (Sponsored by AT&T)
- Turnstone Center for Children and Adults with Disabilities – Turnstone Endeavor Games Clinics (Sponsored by Elevance Health Foundation)
- World Baseball Academy, Inc. - WBA On Deck Summer Camps
- YMCA of Greater Indianapolis - YMCA Esports Prototype for Indiana YMCAs